Dylan's also been learning the concept of time. He gets later, today, tomorrow, and morning/afternoon/evening. But he hasn't yet grasped length of time. When I asked him how long that they would be napping on the floor, he said "two hours". I remarked, "Wow, that's long". So he then said "nine hours". If only I had nine hours of nap time to get house chores done, thank you cards written from XMAS, and maybe some zzz's myself.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Who's the parent now?
Lately, Dylan's been pretending to be the "parent". It's quite amusing to see what I look and sound like from the eyes and interpretation of a child :). As I laid in bed the other day, he told me that I needed to follow the bedtime rules (stay in bed, no talking, crying or kicking the walls). He tucked me in, kissed me goodnight and closed the door. Then just yesterday, he also did the same thing with his toys. He followed the same routine and kissed all 15 of his toys before napping with them on the floor.
Dylan's also been learning the concept of time. He gets later, today, tomorrow, and morning/afternoon/evening. But he hasn't yet grasped length of time. When I asked him how long that they would be napping on the floor, he said "two hours". I remarked, "Wow, that's long". So he then said "nine hours". If only I had nine hours of nap time to get house chores done, thank you cards written from XMAS, and maybe some zzz's myself.


Dylan's also been learning the concept of time. He gets later, today, tomorrow, and morning/afternoon/evening. But he hasn't yet grasped length of time. When I asked him how long that they would be napping on the floor, he said "two hours". I remarked, "Wow, that's long". So he then said "nine hours". If only I had nine hours of nap time to get house chores done, thank you cards written from XMAS, and maybe some zzz's myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment