Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nicknames

When Devin and I were trying to settle on a name before Mia was born, I had been wanting to find one that could be shortened into a nickname. Like Alexa (Lexie or Alex for short), Elena (Lena), Abigail (Abby)....you get the picture. Devin didn't like many of the names that I had suggested, but he somehow kept recommending Mia. You know the rest of the story and who got their way :). Well, Mia isn't a name that can be shortened any further into a cute nickname.

Nonetheless, Dylan has created one for her. Up until recently, Dylan would call Mia "baby sister" more than her first name. Lately, it's turned into something even more endearing. First thing in the morning and when he returns from school, he will often enthusiastically greet her with "Hi, cutie pie." "Cutie Pie" it is in our household for now. We'll see what it turns into when Dylan gets older and during the sibling arguments.

No comments: