Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Countdown is on!

The countdown is on. T minus 4 days before I'm back at work. My emotions are definitely conflicted.

It's a little bittersweet as I've enjoyed my time with Mia and Dylan. We've had a number of great outings, play dates, lunches and plain old fun times at home during my maternity leave. Like today, I took Dylan to the YMCA (or what he calls CYA) for a Mommy & Me class involving singing, dance and instruments. Dylan LOVED it (and so did I), followed instruction extremely well, and was wanting more classes. Overall, my time with the kids has been priceless. I'm a little anxious about the morning and evening routine, but I know that everything will work out just fine as it did two years ago with Dylan.

At the same time, I'm also looking forward to the challenges at work. While being a fulltime mom comes with significant reward, I also get great satisfaction from career accomplishments and mental stimulation at work.

If I had my choice, I'd have the best of both worlds - a part-time job - and one in which I could leave work at the office.

No comments: