Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Inside, Outside, Upside Down

Yes, I'm referring to the famous Berenstain Bears book that you probably read when you were a child. Dylan loves books and has taken particular fondness to Inside, Outside, Upside Down along with a number of other stories that we end up reading over, and over, and over. I Love You Through and Through, The Bear Snores On, Old Hat New Hat, One Thumb One Thumb, Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You, are several that come to mind. Because we've read them so many times (e.g. 4-5x during one sitting per Dylan's request), Devin and I have many of the books committed to memory.

But moving on to how I arrived at the headline of this blog... I stayed home from work yesterday with Dylan since he's recovering from a nasty reaction to antibiotics. During playtime, he decided to reinact Inside, Outside, Upside Down. Ok, just the part of getting in and out of the box (although I'm sure he would have loved the opportunity to be driven around on a truck while in a box since he loooves cars). He emptied out a ottoman/storage that was full of toys and climbed right in. He was happy as a clam and then realized he could make it even more cozy by adding a few of his favorite things - blanket, a lovey and books.

He emptied the ottoman and started the process all over again. It was quite entertaining to observe.


No comments: