Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Leaving Microsoft campus on Halloween is usually a nightmare. In years past, it's taken anywhere from 20-30mins just to go one block! It seems to be the one evening when parents commit to worklife/balance. Several years ago, I started taking Halloween off just to avoid the on-campus traffic jam and this year wasn't any different.

On my day off, I took Dylan for his 18-month physical with Dr. Shor. Dylan's weighing in at 24lbs 10oz (25%) and is 32.25" tall (49%). We're happy that he's at least average in height, since tall genes don't run on either side of the family - sorry Dylan. I guess all the running around and constant activity has slimmed our little one down. He received a clean bill of health as well as a few vaccines + flu shot...poor little guy.

We headed over to Devin's parents for a yummy Halloween dinner and trick-o-treating. Surprisingly, Dylan kept his costume on for several hours. I'm not sure whether it was all those dress rehearsals that paid off (probably not) or the fact that in his mind everyone else was wearing a costume just as bizarre as he was.

Overall, he seemed most excited about passing out candy to the 700+ trick-o-treaters that evening. Could it be because he could wear civilian clothes again? Or perhaps because it was the closest he was going to get to candy? Personally, I think that he liked all the attention that he got from the older girls who thought he was the cutest thing ever.


No comments: