Saturday, November 29, 2008

808 Bound

Devin and I were tempted by an invitation to join some friends in Hawaii immediately after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately due to a work planning session that I have next week, we weren't able to go. I'm sure that the Francesconi's are having a great time in the sun as we speak.

While November didn't work in our schedule, January will. We just took advantage of low airfare prices and will be heading to the 808 for eight days. We still have a few details to work out like where we're going stay.

Hotel or condo? The choice would've been easy two years ago - of course a hotel where you can get pampered with room service, drinks by the pool, housekeeping, etc. Now with a little one, I'm thinking that a condo will be more convenient with access to a kitchen and washer/dryer. When I've been searching on
www.vrbo.com, it amazes me what people consider "luxury"! For example http://www.vrbo.com/42841. I think that it may be tough to find someplace that beats where we've always stayed, the Westin Maui. The search continues.

I also need to see whether Dylan's summer clothes will still fit in January. Maybe he won't be the only one needing bigger clothes. After overeating this Thanksgiving, it's frightening to think about getting into a swimsuit. I guess that means we'll be hitting the gym soon.

No comments: