Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween Eve

The day before Halloween, my sister came over for dinner and pumpkin carving. As I was cleaning out the pumpkin, Dylan was very uneasy with the "guts" and seeds. He almost seemed worried for my welfare and tried pulling me away from the pumpkin several times.
Once he saw the actual jack-o-lantern, he was much more content and wanted to give carving a try for himself.
Thursday night also served as dress rehearsal for the big day. Ever since I purchased the costume (late August) Dylan refused to put it on, so we were hoping that he'd become more comfortable with the outfit over time. I'll admit, we even tried bribery several times to get him to wear it. As you'll see from the photos, we were able to get him in the costume - but it lasted only long enough to get a few snapshots. Yes, we have a strong willed child :).
Here he is with Auntie Chelsea...

No comments: