Friday, November 14, 2008

Great Pumpkin

Last year we took Dylan to the South 47 Farm to pick out a pumpkin. He was strapped into a Baby Bjorn, so he wasn't really participating in the selection. We got a few cute pictures and a pumpkin, but that was about it.

This year, we knew the experience would be a quite different. We returned to the same farm, but this time several weeks earlier to ensure that we weren't just picking from the reject pumpkins. We had a great time and will make it an annual tradition.

After our visit to the farm, I was shopping at Whole Foods - aka Whole Paycheck. You'd think that the price of their pumpkins would be outrageous there, right? Well, not quite. I was surprised when the sign read "2 for $10" for the large pumpkins - and we had spent twice as much for 1 large and two small pumpkins. Huh? Next year, I'll remind myself that it's all about the experience rather than the result (pumpkin).


No comments: