Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Dylan!

Hooray! Dylan's TWO today!

I decided to take the day off, so his birthday started off with a special homemade breakfast, a few presents, and a bike ride around the house before he went to school later than normal. Amazingly I also had some time to bake the Kindercare teacher's scones to thank them for caring for our little one.

After a few hours of school (while Devin and I visited the doc), we joined him and his friends for their afternoon snack - cupcakes in honor of Dylan's big day. Unlike all the other kids, Dylan chose to keep his fingers clean and ate his cupcake like this (and you'll soon see that he ditched the chocolate sugar and went for the cinnamon toast instead. Clearly not my gene)...
Dylan saw his first movie ("Earth") at the theatre of which he watched about 30 minutes. I think that he's still too young to sit through a movie - no wonder why children under two are free. The evening was finished by a birthday dinner on Mercer Island with family. Either Dylan found the birthday cake intriguing or he really wanted it as we learned when he pulled it off the table. Landing upside down on the carpet, we were only able to cleanly retrieve the second layer which explains this...

His first set of golf clubs...

1 comment:

goodkarma said...

Happy Birthday, Dylan! Two is really fun. We hope you had a great day and have fun golfing!
-Karma, Keith and Amelie