Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where did February go?

I can't believe that it's already March. How did that happen? That means that Dylan will be turning two in a month and a half. Maybe the better question is how we advanced in warp speed mode from being in Overlake Hospital for Dylan's birth to his second birthday. Crazy! It's really exciting that our little boy is growing up, but a bit overwhelming since we haven't yet figured out what we're going to do for the celebration. And we're not quite ready for the terrible twos (but I actually think that we have already entered that phase - oh boy!).

The last couple of weeks have been quite hectic. I've been spending many evenings preparing for my team's midyear career discussions. On top of that, I flew solo for a few days last week while Devin was at the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas. Dylan knew something was off and woke up at 5/5:30 every morning. Fortunately, Devin was on baby duty when he returned and allowed me to sleep in a few extra hours. I'm becoming more accustomed to Devin's business travels and being a single mom gets easier. However, every time it makes me tip my hat to all the single parents out there.

Our last two weekends have also been packed with fun reunions, birthdays, baby showers (congrats Kelly & Chris), dinners etc. Here are a few highlights.

Happy Birthday Uncle Derrik!

A small Chi-O reunion during Allie's visit to Seattle...

No comments: