Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pearly whites

Dylan had his first dental appointment earlier this month. Most children probably visit the dentist around two, but we fortunately have our own personal hygienist to check out Dylan's teeth...Auntie Chelsea. I figured that I should probably get a baseline established, but more importantly get him acquainted and more comfortable with the experience. Plus, he's been talking about Dr. Amato for quite some time, so I figured that I'd at least introduce him to the guy. Come to find out that morning, Dylan was only interested in seeing Dr. Amato because he was going to get a surprise. Go figure :).

Overall, Dylan did great and I'm sure that it helped that Chelsea performed the appointment. Dylan allowed her to clean, polish and floss but wouldn't allow her to rinse his teeth with the squirter. He also wasn't a fan of the vacuum thing to suck up the water, but I guess I would be too at his age. Not sure when he will need to get fluoride, but that will be a bad day. They try tricking you into thinking that it'll taste like strawberry, bubblegum, grape, etc - but they're all bad. No flavoring can conceal the nastiness of fluoride. Sorry Chels!

No comments: