Friday, August 20, 2010

Catch up post on Mia

It's been a while since I posted an update on our gal and a lot has happened over the last few months.

Mia graduated! Graduated from physical and speech therapy that is. For a while, Mia wasn't showing any progress on her bottle drinking and was having respiratory colds almost every three weeks. So we continued with the thickener which is such a hassle. However, within the last month, she was starting to get frustrated since it was requiring so much work to get the milk out. We decided to give it a try without the thickener and surprisingly she did just fine! I guess she won't have to thicken her wine when she's of age :). While we've started to introduce a sippy cup, the therapist wants us to continue using the bottle for several more months. No complaints from me.

Mia is walking! She started walking right as she turned 11 months. She impressed us by not just taking one step, but a few small ones in succession. She hadn't been sleeping well the week prior, so I'm thinking that she must have been practicing in her crib at night :). Devin and I have been amazed by her development. First, we didn't expect it since she's been in therapy and her physical development has lagged Dylan by 1-2 months. Second, she could walk from one side of the room to the other a week after taking her first steps. Such a perfectionist. I guess that's what happens when you have to keep up with the older sibling. We are so thankful to our therapists and those who have worked with Mia on her exercises - I'm certain that she wouldn't be where she is without the assistance.

Can't believe that she's almost one.

No comments: