Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Way too young for this...

This morning, Dylan told me that he didn't want to go to school. It was already challenging with Devin being out of town for business and Mia not napping well. But now I also had Dylan being adamant that he was going to stay home with me. Regardless of my reassurance that he was going to have fun at school, he told me "I'm feeling sick. No school today." How is my 2-year old already making excuses and using the sick card in order to stay home?

Before bedtime, he asked me about my wedding/engagement ring. Here's how the conversation played out which I think was his way of procrastinating from going to bed.

Dylan: "I want to see the star."
Me: "Oh this? This is a ring."
Dylan: "I want it."
Me: "Well, daddy gave me this one when we got married."
Dylan: "I want one."
Me: "When you get big, you will be able to give one to a girl that you love and want to marry."
Dylan: "I AM big."
Me: "Ok, but you won't be getting married for a long while. Plus, you'll need to save money to buy a diamond ring."
Dylan: "I have money. Money in dinosaur." (He is referring to the coins that he's been collecting in his dinosaur belly bank. Umm, he may have a total of $20 or so).
Me: "Ok."

My little one is growing up way too fast - although I'm sure that there are many more tough conversations and negotiations on the way!

No comments: