Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shrinking & Growing

Let's start with the good - "shrinking". The other week, I squeezed myself into a pair of (roomy) pre-pregnancy jeans. It felt good to know that I'm on my way back to my former size, but it also confirmed that I still have more weight to lose. Since we don't have a scale in the house, my 6-week post-partum check up today validated that I have exactly 7 lbs to shed in order to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I hear that the last 10lbs are the hardest, so the free enrollment at the Newcastle YMCA is sounding pretty compelling right now.

As a side note, I'm returning to Dr. Lawler next week to get an IUD which might be TMI for some reading this blog edition. I need to do some research to make sure that it's the best option, but seems kind of nice not to have to remember to take a pill every day (which my friends know I'm really bad at). I guess it lasts 5 years, but in the meantime I'll continue working on the "snip snip" conversation with Devin, assuming we're done having kids.

Now the not so good - "growing". I went to Nordy's to treat myself to something new since my wardrobe is a bit outdated. While I didn't find clothes, I did come across some cute shoes. While trying them on, I learned that my feet grew another half size with this pregnancy as well. Is it possible that I'm now a size 8? I liked being a 7 and didn't mind a 7 1/2. It was a sad day.

No comments: