Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hello & Goodbye

Hello 2009 and Goodbye 2008! Happy New Year! 2008 came and went in what seems like a blink of an eye. Here are a few archived memories and milestones of our last year.

  • DYLAN STARTED WALKING AND TALKING...and hasn't stopped moving (or should we say running) and talking ever since.
  • DYLAN TURNED ONE...but sometimes acts like he's much older (more on that in later blog installments).
  • DYLAN GOT EAR TUBES...7 ear infections in 16mos and systemic antibiotics for each occurrence was enough. So far the surgery has been a success!
  • DYLAN'S EEG CAME BACK NORMAL...Phew! After months of worrying, it was a huge relief to know that nothing was seriously wrong.
  • DYLAN SHOWS HIS AFFECTION BY WILLINGLY BLOWING KISSES, GIVING KISSES, AND HUGGING...It's quite cute. He learned at school that other kids don't really share an appreciate for hugs after he got bitten when attempting to console another child. He also ended up getting herpes simplex probably from kissing another kid at school - so sad!
  • DEVIN'S COMPANY WAS SOLD TO/ACQUIRED BY EIKI DIGITAL SYSTEMS...what a long acquisition journey and learning experience, but couldn't be more proud of Devin's career accomplishment.
  • DEVIN AND I CELEBRATED OUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY...but who's really counting since we've known each other since childhood.
  • I CELEBRATED MY 9TH YEAR WITH MICROSOFT...I originally typed "9th anniversary with Microsoft" but that would imply that I'm married to my job, right? That sentiment would've been easy several years ago, but I've been working hard to create greater worklife balance - or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I do. You'll have to ask Devin for the truth.

Overall, we've had another remarkable year and look forward to what's in store for us in 2009. Here's to a prosperous, bright and healthy new year. If Dylan was standing in front of you now, he'd be extending to his warmest best wishes for 2009 by blowing a kiss and clinking glasses/cups with you while saying "cheers" (Devin taught him the latter move). I guess you'll just have to imagine it.

No comments: