Friday, January 9, 2009

A bad case of procrastination

I've been finding it hard to get motivated. One wouldn't think that to be the case when we just entered a new year, I spent priceless quality time with my two favorite boys during vacation, I was off for a week and a half from work, my email inbox has been reduced to just 200 and things in life just seem perfect (aside from the lack of motivation of course). However, I've been procrastinating with a lot of things ranging from putting away the clean laundry that's been sitting in the same place for the last three days, writing thank you cards to everyone that spoiled Dylan at Christmas, to driving hard at work. Perhaps it was because we were so busy over the holidays that I'm a little exhausted. Regardless, I'm ready to kick this "funk" out of 2009. I trust that the upcoming vacation to Maui will be the perfect solution - can't wait!

Dylan seems to be making up for my lack of motivation, drive and determination. He's very certain of what he wants/doesn't want and will passionately pursue it. Oftentimes, the pursuit will also be accompanied by a persistent "I do" which is his way of expressing his independence with great conviction (and of course is usually over something that he's not old enough to handle yet). Dylan's also been testing what he can/can't get away with and who's easier to convince. If he gets a "no" from one of us, he'll go (sometimes very slyly) to the other to see if the response will change. He's also become a pretty good good actor and has perfected the ability to start and stop the waterfall of tears to try influence an outcome. Sometimes I can't believe that he's only 20 months old! Hmmm, fast forward a few years and I think that we're going to be in trouble :)

Below is a photo of Dylan enjoying "driving". We don't let Dylan in the front seats (of course when we're parked) as much these days since it's usually extremely hard to pry him away from the steering wheel - even after 20 minutes. Clearly he charmed and persuaded Auntie to let him drive her car here and was happy as a clam when he did.

No comments: