Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter fun in Seattle

I took almost three weeks off during the holidays which was amazing (and much needed). On one of the days, Chelsea and I took Dylan up to Snoqualmie for some inner tubing. The excitement unfortunately started on our drive to the mountain. The road conditions were more treacherous that I had anticipated and it was the first time for me driving in snow/ice with the Lexus. While the car has received good reviews about how it handles in the snow, it didn't measure up to the Toureg which kept me safe through two large snow storms. It made me really miss my old car :(.
We had a blast once we hit the slopes. After a bit of encouraging, Dylan agreed to go down the hill on his own and didn't want to do it any other way after that. Brave boy. After about 45 minutes of cold fun, Dylan was ready to head back home. I hope his interest for snow will grow as I'd like to get him on skis next winter.

No comments: