Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was over as quickly as it arrived this year. Since Devin and I have been married, we host a small Christmas Eve dinner and then visit Mercer Island on Christmas Day. While it's really nice to stretch the holiday over two days, it is getting harder to maintain the stamina. After cleaning the house, baking three desserts, cooking a full meal and wrapping all the presents, I could have slept all day on December 26. Phew! (Probably explains why there aren't very many photos this year - I was too preoccupied or overtire to take very many). That said, every year is always remarkably special, memorable and fun.

This year, Dylan had a better understanding of the true meaning of Christmas. As for the spirit, he hasn't quite grasped the that giving is better than receiving. Mia didn't seem phased by Christmas. To her it was like any other day. Unlike Dylan, she didn't even express interest in the wrapping paper and ribbon.

No comments: