Gingerbread Decorating
Last year, I purchased a gingerbread decorating kit from Whole Foods which required me to actually bake the cookies. It's not that I don't enjoy baking (as I do), it's the extra hour involved in the process and the let down when you just want to jump in to start decorating. Lesson learned. I went with a cheaper, easier and convenient option - pre-made cookies, frosting, assortment of candies and a base. Dylan had a great time building his train with Auntie Chelsea. Mia wanted to join in on the fun but only for the candy - go figure.
Ole Christmas Tree
With Devin traveling for business for three consecutive weeks, I got a little behind in decorating the house for Christmas. Dylan didn't let me forget either, as he'd ask why the decorations weren't out yet. So two weeks before Christmas, we finally got around to decorating our three trees. Dylan's interest (or should I say begging) and help was short lived. Three ornaments up and then he was on to something else...playing. Mia enjoyed rummaging through and climbing on the boxes. Unlike her Dylan, she was very intrigued with the lights and ornaments - enough so that she managed to break a few, rearrange the tree on the first day and topple Dylan's 3-foot tree in his room. I guess her curiosity is genetic. As much as it pains me to share it, I pulled down the family Christmas tree when I was 2. Holiday cookies
Last year, I took a hiatus from Christmas cookie baking since our hands were a little full. So this year, my sister and I spent a day baking for the assistant teachers at Dylan and Mia's school. With a little help from Dylan, here's the final product...
No comments:
Post a Comment