At lunch, Mia decided that her mini pizza and grapes weren't tasty enough and dramatically threw it over the chair. Now we have paint and lunch remnants on the floor. Dylan also surprised me at lunch, but not because of his food-throwing talent. After accidentally dropping his chicken nugget in the ranch dressing for his carrots, he said "Mom, you are killing me". Hmmm, sounds way to familiar...Devin! The rest of the day didn't go any better. Both kids were extremely hyper as if they had secretly found and devoured the Halloween candy stash. I'll blame their behaviors on the snow. If Mia wasn't sick I would've have bundled them up and let them run it off outside in the snow. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Snow Day 2010
Yesterday marked the first snowfall of the season and has been coined by news stations as the "2010 Arctic Blast". Seems like pretty dramatic for four inches of snow but perhaps it's because I didn't get stuck in the treacherous (3.5 hour) commute as I did four years ago. Since Dylan's school was closed today and I had already planned to keep Mia home, the kids and I hunkered down inside the house for a day of fun. In my mind, I was thinking that we'd do a little games, arts/crafts, hot cocoa, etc. Not quite. The day started off fun and quickly deteriorated. By mid-morning, I was giving both kids a bath to wash off finger paint. They decided it was more fun and entertaining (for each other of course) to smear it all over themselves than the paper.
At lunch, Mia decided that her mini pizza and grapes weren't tasty enough and dramatically threw it over the chair. Now we have paint and lunch remnants on the floor. Dylan also surprised me at lunch, but not because of his food-throwing talent. After accidentally dropping his chicken nugget in the ranch dressing for his carrots, he said "Mom, you are killing me". Hmmm, sounds way to familiar...Devin! The rest of the day didn't go any better. Both kids were extremely hyper as if they had secretly found and devoured the Halloween candy stash. I'll blame their behaviors on the snow. If Mia wasn't sick I would've have bundled them up and let them run it off outside in the snow. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

At lunch, Mia decided that her mini pizza and grapes weren't tasty enough and dramatically threw it over the chair. Now we have paint and lunch remnants on the floor. Dylan also surprised me at lunch, but not because of his food-throwing talent. After accidentally dropping his chicken nugget in the ranch dressing for his carrots, he said "Mom, you are killing me". Hmmm, sounds way to familiar...Devin! The rest of the day didn't go any better. Both kids were extremely hyper as if they had secretly found and devoured the Halloween candy stash. I'll blame their behaviors on the snow. If Mia wasn't sick I would've have bundled them up and let them run it off outside in the snow. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment