Dylan is the youngest in the group having just turned three two days ago. Devin and I were a little nervous when we found out that the team was mostly comprised of four YOs, several of which will be turning five in two months. Since physical development and skills between a 3 vs. 4 YO can be significant, we were hoping that he wouldn't get easily discouraged, lose sight of the "fun", and ultimately get turned off by the sport.
Some of our reservations were realized today. He's the smallest in the group and got a little overwhelmed by everything that was going on since two teams shared the field. I think that he also experienced some "stage fright" and needed a bit of encouragement from Devin and I to run the bases and field the ball. However, when it came to batting practice he was all in. I'm proud of Dylan and look forward to the season. With a little practice at home, I'm hoping that he'll be more comfortable the next time around. The highlight for Dylan? After game snacks: GoGurt and Capri Sun...go figure :).
It hard for me to imagine that he's already involved in team sports. As we were getting ready to leave the house, it dawned on me that this is what our weekends will be like for many years to come - juggling Dylan and Mia's sports, activities, play dates, lessons, etc. With our lives already pretty hectic, I sense that I'll need to find some calendaring program to keep our lives straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment