Monday, May 31, 2010

Mia - 9 months

I'm a little behind on posting an update on Mia, so this edition will be solely focused on our little girl.

Stats: 26 3/4" (25%), 18 lbs 10 oz (50%), 44 cm head circumference (52%)


Mia just turned nine months and is on the move! By this time, Dylan was crawling at lightning speed, so we knew it was a matter of time before Mia followed suit. Just a week ago, she started commando crawling. I think that she learned it either through peer pressure from seeing other kids crawling at school or she just wants to keep up with her big brother. Either way, we now have to be more cautious about what's around her which is much harder now than with Dylan since his toys have gotten smaller over time.

M
ia LOVES food which still amazes me since she's still in eating therapy. She could eat forever and doesn't seem to get full. When we're out and she's devouring her food, I wonder whether strangers think we starve her. We're starting her on soft finger foods which keeps her quite occupied at dinner time. Her faves: cheerios, papaya, sweet potato, peaches, blueberries and pears. I gave her some brown rice the other day and oh boy, what a mess!

She's also a comfort eater. If she's unhappy, food seems to take all her worries away. Such a girl...we'll see if her desires become ice cream, chocolate, chips etc when she's older.

While she's been saying mama and dada for some time now, she just learned 'all done'. She also started signing all done which is the same as her motions when we sign 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'. While this isn't new for us as parents, it was still very heartwarming and exciting.

Up until recently, Mia was waking a couple of times during the night because she couldn't find her binky. We knew this when we introduced it to her, but it was a much better solution than colic. Just the other week she has been sleeping from 7:30pm-6:30am without a peep - success! She also has been falling asleep on her own without the binky as long as she has a "blanket" (burp cloths). That makes both of our kids blanket-reliant. I love that everyone in our house is getting more sleep these days - about time :).

Lastly, she's no longer toothless! She was doing something funny with her tongue, so I thought I'd take a quick peak inside her mouth. And there it was - a little white speck. Just like Dylan, she's been quite a trooper and we haven't had to give her any meds for the pain. I suspect that the next round of teeth - especially the molars - will be a different story.

No comments: