Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mia - Three Months

Can't believe that it's already been three months! Where does time go? As she's getting older, my mat leave is getting shorter...boo hoo! I return to the office on January 18 and will be maximizing the remaining time I have left.
LIKES
1. Company of people. Mia just can't miss out on the fun and needs to be part of the action. She likes hearing voices around and seeing people - and is quick to let us know that she's lonely.
2. Bumbo. Allows her to accomplish #1.
3. Binky. We've tried just about everything to see if she'll nap better - including the binky. She's started to take a liking to it, so we've been giving it to her to help fall asleep or when she's fussy. Fortunately, she doesn't get grumpy when it falls out. Downside, it seems like she's a little confused between me and her binky which has made nursing a little challenging lately. Not sure how since one doesn't have milk - hmmm.
4. Books. She really enjoys story time and laying in bed with Dylan before bedtime to read books.
5. Massages. Can we blame her?
6. Talking/Cooing. See video below.

DISLIKES
1. Nap time (still) - She doesn't seem to care for napping in her crib, so we've had better success having her lay on the couch. Despite her reflux, she seems ok laying flat during the day vs. in her wedge. Weird. Today I managed to get her a 45min and 2 hour nap.
2. Bottles. Dylan went on a bottle strike at 2.5/3 months. We learned our lesson, so we had been introducing at least one bottle a day since birth. One day, she decided that she wanted to nix the bottle. Well, not totally. If she takes a bottle, she'll eat only 1-2oz if she's really hungry rather than a full 5-6 oz. What's up with our kids and the bottle? In addition to napping, we're hoping that daycare will help solve this problem for us. I sense that I'll be making cookies and bringing treats to Mia's teachers each week :).
3. Tummy time. Do I need to say more?

No comments: