Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fish adoption

During our 2nd Thanksgiving dinner on Friday, we adopted a fish. Not a small, live goldfish. That would be too easy and uneventful (until it dies that is). I'm talking about a 5' stuffed fish - the kind that you'd get from a carnival.
Uncle Dale was trying to pawn it off and found the right person - Dylan. Dylan wanted to bring it home despite my strong encouragement otherwise. He was told by the family that if he could bring it down to the bottom of three flights of stairs, he could take it. At the end of the evening, where was the fish? Yup, at the bottom of the stairs. Will power I tell ya.
Here's our last attempt to change Dylan's mind about bringing it home:
Devin: Dylan, you PROMISE to LOVE this fish?
Dylan: Yes.
Dylan: Are you sure you PROMISE you will LOVE this fish? Will you really love it for more than a day?
Dylan: I want to take Blue Nemo home.

How Devin got it in the car beats me. Blue Nemo is currently residing in Dylan's room. When Nemo collects enough dust because Dylan "doesn't love it anymore", we'll be searching for another home. Let me know if you're interested - free delivery :). It makes a nice jumping apparatus and tackle companion.

2 comments:

Kalene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalene said...

I'm still trying to figure out how to use blogger, but I'm really loving your blogs! Again, sorry about the fish...however, I really love the pics of Dylan with Blue Nemo! I'm glad that he is living up to his promise! :)