Thursday, November 19, 2009

Potty Time

It appears that along with a potty seat comes some potty mouth :(. I had been holding off on getting Dylan potty trained since there was a lot going on back in the spring - new room, big boy bunk bed, sister on the way, etc. Plus, he had just turned two and my goal has been to get him trained by three esp if we put him in Montesorri. Despite my intentions, daycare introduced him to it several months ago - so of course he started asking to use the potty. We haven't been pushing toilet training since I'm not sure that we're all (yes, that means Devin and I too) ready for it. But now that we're a dirty diaper factory, I may just rethink the training. Up until now he's been ok about using it sporadically during the day - we just need it to become more regular. Dylan still prefers finding a quiet, solitary place to do his "business" majority of the time. But back to the reason for the post.

I bought Dylan some Diego pull-ups since he's been wanting to be *so* independent in dressing/undressing himself. It can take an extra 10-15 minutes in the morning when we're rushing to get out of the house - not good. So, the Diegos have been a good solution. Not only does it allow him to go to the potty on his own, but it's an added incentive in the a.m. for him to get out of his PJs. At bedtime tonight, he was insistant on putting on a clean pair of Diegos instead of his nighttime ("extra thick") diapers. Here's how the rest played out:

Devin: Dylan, we need to put on the nighttime diapers.
Dylan: No, I want my Diegos.
Devin: No. I'm sorry, we wear these (diapers) ones to bed.
Dylan: No!
Devin: Ok, then no diapers and no Diegos. You'll get yourself and the bed all wet tonight.
Dylan: No. **I'll poop on the floor**.

You know the rest of the story :). Let's just say that there were tears and a short bedtime routine to follow. If I get a good shot of little D on the toilet that he won't be embarassed by, I'll post later

No comments: