Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Coming out of retirement

After the last two months I've had, retirement at 33 would be divine. Work has been grueling which is why it's been over a month since the last blog post. One of my account managers decided to leave MS during the most pivotal part of the year. While I'm not necessarily disappointed in her departure, all of her work which should have been tied up well before her exit announcement ended up in my lap. While holding down what felt like two and a half jobs was immensely tiring, I learned that I kind of missed direct engagement with the clients...yes, call me crazy! Here's how my weekdays usually played out...

7:30-8am: Commute. Arrive at work safely, but don't recall exactly how I got there due to sleep deprivation and routine
8am-5pm: Back to back client and business meetings. Lunch and bathroom break in between meetings if I'm lucky.
5-6pm: Commute + pick up kids
6-7:30: Make & eat dinner, play with kids
7:30-8pm: Bed time routine
8pm: Wash dishes, clean up the house, get a load of laundry started
8:30pm: Work until 2:30/3am
6am: It starts all over again...another day

Sound like fun? After two months, the lifestyle quickly became old. Thank goodness for a supportive hubby, adoring kids and patient colleagues and team to get me through a long journey.

We are all enjoying a more sane pace of life. Over the next week or so, I'm hoping to get out of blog retirement and update you on our hectic lives. Here's to a fresh start!

No comments: