Potty training at home is easy(er). We haven't changed a poopy diaper in several months - yeah! Downside, Dylan's realized that he can use potty training as a way to procrastinate at bedtime. He's all tucked in and then decides he needs to go to the bathroom - lovely. And he usually has a successful potty attempt. After several nights of this and reminding him to do it BEFORE bed, I warned him. If he didn't use the potty before story time and bedtime, he may have to sleep in his pee and poo-poo diaper. His response, "Oooohh, that's NOT good". So far, the message is helping.
While dining the other night, Dylan decided he need to go during the middle of the meal. As I helped keep Dylan from falling into the toilet and touching anything, a woman entered the stall next to us. Let's just say that she really had to go and relieved herself including some gas. The look of surprise on Dylan's face was priceless. Trying to compose myself, here's how the rest of the potty visit went (only about 5 minutes, but what felt like 20).
Dylan: Mama, who's that?
Me (whispering): I don't know.
Dylan: Was that me? (in response to the noises from the other stall)
Me: (Just shook my head as I was biting my lip to keep from laughing)
Dylan: Mama, was that me?
Me: No baby.
Dylan: Oh. I'm going poo poo.
Me: Good job.
--Then, a different woman enters the stall next to us.--
Dylan: Who's that?
Me: I don't know honey.
Dylan: She's going pee pee.
Me: Yes she is.
By this time, I wanted to abort the mission as I couldn't hold in my laughter any further. To make matters worse, the automatic toilet flushed every time Dylan moved ever so slightly causing Dylan to giggle each time.
Ahhh, gotta love potty training. Can't wait for this stage to be over.
No comments:
Post a Comment