Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

Since we haven't been out and about much due to bed rest, there isn't a lot to report on in the Imamura household or photos to post. I couldn't sleep last night, so here's a few things that were racing through my mind at 2 a.m.

  • Bees. Dylan got his first bee sting at school on Thursday...sad! What are the odds of that happening when he had pants and a long sleeve shirt on? The bee found one inch of his body that wasn't moving or covered up - his head right along the his hairline. Now he's petrified of bees. He didn't have any allergic reactions which is great and you couldn't even see the spot after an hour. What a trooper.
  • Ears. Dylan got an ear infection this weekend - his first in a while since ear tubes last August. A year ago, we were wrestling to give him meds. Now he takes it all on his own - what a big boy.
  • Sleep. What's that? Dylan was waking up a few times because of his cold/ear infection. Doesn't help that I'm also visiting the bathroom another 2-3 times/night which I didn't experience when pregnant with Dylan. I guess it'll be a smooth transition into sleep deprivation mode when our little girl arrives.
  • Full term. Baby will be 36 wks on Saturday and the doc has taken me off meds. Now it's up to the little one to decide when she wants to make her grand entrace to the world.
  • Nameless. We still haven't settled on a name yet for our darling. Right now it's between Mia and Sloan, but we'll see if that changes in the next week or so. How come it's harder to find a girl than boy name?
  • Errands. I have endless errands to run since I've been pretty confined to the house. I really need to put a pad of paper next to the bed so I don't have to try remembering it by morning.
  • Review. Every August I spend hours writing performance reviews. This year's no different even if I'm on bed rest...boo! Two down, four more to go. Ugh.

No comments: