Thursday, July 9, 2009

Doctor's orders

Yesterday, our life was turned upside down. My new view majority of the day is from the couch and bed. Well, of course there's the bathroom and the ocassional visit to the kitchen for food/beverages - fun! But that's pretty much it. Why? Today marks Day 1 of BED REST- ugh!

After a little bleeding (minimal enough that I almost didn't call the doctor), I was asked to come in for a check. Come to find out, I'm 1.5cm dilated and 50-75% effaced at 31.5 weeks. I was feeling really good and didn't expect to receive the orders I did. Our goal is to stabilize things with bed rest and a cocktail of meds in order to get to 35 weeks without hospitalization. That aside, our little girl looks healthy. She's a little impatient and seems to be anxious about making an appearance. Hope that's not any indication for how she's going to be when she's actually here :).

I'm not good about laying low, so I sense that the next month will be challenging. I'm already antsy and we're only 24 hrs in - not good. But I shouldn't be complainging as it's much harder for the boys. Devin's been awesome and has taken on most of the day to day care of Dylan, the house, grocery shopping, etc. I'm sure he'll need a "guys night out" very soon.

Oh the joys of pregnancy - but in the end it'll all be worth it. Thanks to everyone who have already offered to help and keep us in their prayers.

No comments: