Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Think Pink

This is the first installment since we started sharing with family/friends the surprising news that we're expecting Baby #2. So, I thought that we'd make it extra special by revealing the first photo of Dylan's little SISTER who we'll welcome in September. Up until our ultrasound last week, I was convinced that we were having a baby boy - was I wrong.

Now that I'm nearly 22 wks along, I'm feeling pretty good and baby is healthy. Unlike my last OB and pregnancy, Dr. Lawler has put me on a 2600-3000 calorie, 100-130g protein, and 3 Liter daily diet to help our little girl grow and ensure that we keep contractions at bay. On some days, I feel that maintaining the diet is harder than my day job! Crossing my fingers that my weight will be on track at my appointment next Tuesday.

You might think that I've already gone out to purchase girl clothes. I've resisted the temptation and so far have only gotten a white cardigan (on sale for $8.99! at GapKids) while shopping for maternity clothes. Devin on the other hand picked up a few pink items (towels, bibs, etc) so our little girl doesn't have to always be sporting the hand-me-down blue gear. She already has daddy wrapped around her finger.

No comments: